Wireless Emporium Calls on Strands Retail to Quickly Deploy Personalization for a Large and Complex Catalog, and Sees Sales Spike 11%
Overview: Wireless Emporium is the leading online retailer of accessories for mobile devices. It boasts an incredibly well organized catalog of over 100,000 products and offers every accessory one would ever need for a cell phone or tablet. From cases to batteries to chargers to ear buds, Wireless Emporium is the web’s best place to shop for all mobile accessories.
The Challenge: How to Promote the Right Accessories from a 100,000 Product Database
Wireless Emporium needed a way to categorize and normalize data on more than its 100,000 products, along with the ability to present that data in an easy-to-understand way to its customers. To succeed, it first had to accurately extract and analyze dozens of varying attribute data points for every individual product, and second, it needed the ability to automatically and instantly know the exact accessories to recommend for each specific mobile phone and tablet.
In addition, it required a technology and marketing partner that would be able to deploy a solution quickly and affordably.
After doing some research on all solutions providers with these capabilities, it chose Strands Retail.
The Solution: A 3-pronged approach to recommend the right accessory for the right model to the right customer -- all at the right time
- Using Strands’ flexible catalog integration and mapping system, WE quickly and easily added product attribute fields so that all relevant characteristics of every mobile device could be easily recognized
- For those 100,000 products, Strands normalized all WE attribute data, so that the right accessories would automatically match the right core products
- Using the Strands BackOffice plug-and-play “Adjust Logic” and “Look & Feel” wizards, WE easily set up and then deployed “Your Recommendations” and “People who Bought this Also Bought That” onto the Wireless Emporium website. After integration, it tested performance with Strands A/B testing mechanisms to refine and improve performance over time, and chose winners to tighten merchandising performance and extract all possible value.
The Result: Supercharging Wireless Emporium Sales
- An overall 11.2% gain in sales revenue
- A 33.6% increase in orders
- 2x jump in total sales conversion
- 5X Return on Investment – for every $1 spent on Strands technology, Wireless Emporium gets $20.50 in new sales revenue